Healthy + Delicious No Bake Strawberry Pie (Vegan)
Updated: Jun 27, 2020
Who knew a pie made of fruits & nuts could be so splendid?!
This recipe is made of 8 ingredients: fresh strawberries, almonds, cashews, medjool dates (pitted), agave syrup, lemon juice, salt and mint (or basil). See measurements below.
5 cups of fresh strawberries (save 1 cup for topping)
2 cups of nuts (I chose 1 cup almonds, 1 cup cashews)
1 cup medjool dates (pitted, for crust)
1/2 cup medjool dates (pitted, for topping)
1 tbsp agave syrup
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
mint or basil for garnish
1. To make the crust, in a food processor, add 1 cup of dates, nuts of choice & salt. Blend on high, scraping the sides down as needed. Blend until mixture sticks well together. Add more dates if too crumbly.
2. Measure out about 1/2 cup of the crust mixture & set it aside for later. Press the remaining mixture into a 9 inch pie pan, pressing it against the edges as well. Place in the fridge.
3. Next, from 5 cups of strawberries, reserve 1 cup to be used later. Thinly slice the remaining 4 cups of strawberries.
4. In a food processor, add the 1 cup reserved strawberries, 1/2 cup reserved dates, agave syrup & lemon juice. Blend it up!
5. Remove prepared crust from fridge & slowly place the slice strawberries on top.
6. Gently spread strawberry mixture on top of the strawberries until fully covered.
7. Use reserved pie crust (1/2 cup) to create a crust around the pie, gently pressing down as you work around.
8. Decorate top with a couple slices of strawberries & fresh mint or basil and enjoy!!